Healthy Eating Recipes
Ditch counting calories. Eat real food. Drink more greens.
Eat when you’re hungry. Stop when you’re full.
For me, healthy eating recipes are ones that are built on real foods – healthy, natural ingredients and foods that haven’t been corrupted by the modern food industry.
The thing is, a lot of healthy recipes and dishes out there aren’t put together with taste in mind; that’s a big problem for me.
I consider myself a “healthy foodie”, and because of that, my healthy eating recipes must also taste great. I don’t know about you, but I have little desire for healthy foods that taste like cardboard. I couldn’t get away with it anyway; not only do I have three young kids to feed who will only eat food that tastes delicious!
What you’ll find on this site are tons of healthy eating recipes that meet these guidelines. Additionally, because I don’t like spending all my time in the kitchen, all of these recipes take less than 15 minutes to prepare. If you’re busy and still want great tasting, healthy food, then I’ve got you covered.
It’s Not About Being a Food Nazi
As important as it is to eat clean food as much as possible, I’m also very realistic that life throws the occasional curve ball at you: A kid’s birthday party, a dinner out with friends, or the occasional lapse in judgement when you’re stressed.
There will be times when having less-than-“ideal” foods is just the way it is. I’ll have the occasional pizza and hot fudge brownie for dessert, and if you do too, then just enjoy it — without the guilt and shame — and move forward starting fresh the next day.
There is no such thing as perfect; it’s all about progress.
Part of this human experience is indulging in guilty pleasures every now and again. The important thing is that your daily routine reflect the healthy goals you’ve set for yourself. I’ll make that easy for you by hooking you up with quick, great-tasting healthy eating recipes that make you look and feel your best!
My Favorite Healthy Eating Recipes:
Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
- Fiber Starter Breakfast Bowl
- Chocolate Quinoa Healthy Breakfast Bowl for Kids
- 3-Ingredient Protein Powder Pancakes
- Healthy, Make-Ahead Enchilada Bake
- The Homemade Granola Cereal You Should Be Eating
Healthy Lunch & Dinner Recipes:
- 3-Ingredient Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles (or Pancakes)
- Kale and Curried Chickpea Salad Bowl
- 10 Mason Jar Meals That Make Healthy Eating Easy
- Crispy Chickpea Thai Quinoa Bowl
- This Is the Easiest Curried Lentils Recipe You’ll Ever Make
- Vegan Buddha Bowl with Sweet Sesame Brittle
- 5-Ingredient Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Simple Vietnamese Summer Roll Recipe (Made in a Bowl)
Healthy Side, Soup & Salad Recipes:
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Greens Detox Salad
- 6 Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressings You Need to Try
- The Garlic Soup for Colds (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- 3-Ingredient French Onion Slow Cooker Soup
- Chopped Detox Salad Recipe
- Easy Mango, Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- Easy Vegan Lentil Soup (Slow Cooker)
- How to Make Homemade Kimchi (The Easy Way)
- How to Roast Cauliflower in the Oven (BONUS Turmeric Recipe)
Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes:
- 11 Green Smoothie Recipes That Will Rock Your Tastebuds
- 7 Green Detox Juice Recipes (no fruit added)
- Healthy Breakfast on-the-Go: Green Smoothie Granola Cups
- Green Smoothie Bowl with Blueberries and Acai
- Almond Butter Cup Vegan Protein Smoothie
- My Ultimate NO-HUNGER Post-Workout Shake
- Ginger-Mint Detox Smoothie
- Kefir Smoothie Aka the Gut Healer
- This Is the Best Banana Oat Smoothie (And Why)
- The Best Homemade Electrolyte Drink
- The Glowing Skin Smoothie (Blueberry Lavender)
Healthy Snack & Dessert Recipes:
- 10 Homemade Protein Bars That Are Actually Good for You
- Energy-Boosting Cookie Dough Bites
- The Easiest Black Bean Brownies Recipe Ever
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Recipe (Raw, Vegan, Paleo)
- Spicy Garlic Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
- Protein Peanut Butter Cups Made Healthy (Just 5 Ingredients)
- 2-Ingredient Homemade Peach Ice Cream (No Sugar Added)
- Sugarless Banana Bread (High Protein)
- High Protein Sweet Potato Toast (5 Ways)
- High Protein Paleo Blueberry Muffins
Healthy Eating Roundup Recipes:
- 21 Healthy High Protein Breakfasts You Need to Make
- 21 Awesome Raw Food Recipes for Beginners to Try
- 21 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes That Will Never Fail You
- 17 Healthy Overnight Oats Recipes (Not for Breakfast)
- 19 Healthier Dessert Recipes So Good You’ll Think They’re Bad
- 9 Healthy Midnight Snacks You Can Enjoy Guilt-Free
Deprivation, Diet Foods, and Counting Calories Have No Place Here
Have a look at most of the people you know who have gone on a diet or have obsessed about counting calories. Have a look at women and men who choose the low-fat yogurt, margarine over butter, or think they’re doing good by drinking diet sodas.
Now, you tell me: have their bodies changed at all in the past 90 days? Are they happy eating that crap? I’ll wager you said “No.” You would be correct.
Relying on fake foods and obsessing about calories eventually leads to a rebellion which means any efforts you made to lose weight or control your portions get flushed down the drain. Healthy eating is not about eating less food and depriving yourself. Sure there are times when frugal eating is beneficial but, in general, when you focus on eating quality food, the quantity becomes less important.
That’s why most of the healthy eating recipes on this site are focused on quality (ie. healthy fats), even though their calorie counts may be a little higher. Don’t be alarmed by that. Everything in my recipes is there for a reason and it serves you.
Eat Clean to Get Lean
If you’ve tried everything to lose weight without success, then the reality is that your metabolism is messed up. Part of the problem here is that eating fake foods that are loaded with artificial ingredients increases deadly inflammation inside your body and disrupt important hormone signaling and other metabolic functions.
Eating less and killing yourself in the gym is not the answer.
Instead, you’ll want to focus on eating nutrient-rich foods that reduce inflammation in your body and provide your body with the important nutrients it needs to thrive.
The way to bring your hormones, thyroid, adrenals, and overall metabolism back to life is to enjoy healthy eating recipes full of real foods that support your body. And that’s what you’ll find on my website.